Sunday, December 16, 2007

BLACK Friday...


I guess I never really understood why the Friday after Thanksgiving was called "Black Friday." This year I sure did get a taste of it. I had to work for someone until 5:45am so at 5:50 I woke up the kids and got some treats and we were off to Target to check it out. In all reality we didn't get there until 6:05 so there was no line and we just walked in got some movies and a couple other things I needed anyway and we were out by 6:20! There was an incident over in the toy department where it was so congested might I add that one lady got bumped by another and she just went off. I tried to get away as quick as the pedestrian traffic would allow because the profanities coming from her mouth were unreal. It suprises me in the world that we have such a great day of Thanks and then the next people turn vicious. I guess if you want to see the true colors of America come out on Balck Friday if you dare. People were calling me crazy because I had the kids with me who were all smiles and alert with the fun of shopping while "the sun was still sleeping" and because they had lifesavers before breakfast! Hey, you have to bend the rules sometimes!

Johnny on the other hand slept out at Circuit City and snagged an amzing deal on his new laptop that we have been saving for. He loves being able to hook up to the internet when out of town to be able to talk with us. We just got a webcam for ours so now we will be able to see each other because his laptop has one! My new Black Friday motto: "If you can't shop with a smile after a day of thanks, get out of the stores!"
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

natalie spratling said...

you are a brave mom! We didn't even leave our house on that day, it may be due to the fact of what you experienced, I hate crowds! You did get an awesome deal on the computer so maybe it is worth braving the crowds? way to go.