Friday, January 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home...

I know that I am way behind in posting pictures for the blog, but life comes at you fast and I just haven't gotten around to it! We had a very busy Holiday, busy I think is an understatement! For Christmas we suprised my parents and showed up on the doorstep a week before the holiday and they were soooo happy!

We told my parents that I was unable to get off of work so we would spend the holidays here. They were really disappointed since we haven't been out since Gennovah's first Christmas, but little did they know we were planning on Chicago all along! My sister told my mom she got free shipping through work so my mom packed up presents in boxes and gave them to her and instead of putting them in the mail they went into her trunk and closet at home. The best part about it was that my mom had no idea!

We arrived after much delays (not Jetblue) around 11pm. I thought for sure everyone would be in bed, but my mom was addressing her Christmas cards, so we totally lucked out. We parked in the neighbors driveway and hiked through the snow with Gennovah and put her on the porch, I called my mom and played off that my FedEx package was delivered. She went out to check and saw Gennovah and almost started to cry. I think that we made their Christmas a lot of fun! My little brother Andrew bought Guitar Hero III and we had a blast rocking out to different songs. Well he did the rocking out while I tried so hard to keep up with him. I challenge you to play again when you come out in February, Andrew!!!

We were able to see many people while we were in and I am sorry to those that we were not able to spend as much time with. (Grandpa--watch out as I am practicing my gin rummy skills!) It was fun to spend time with family that we haven't seen in forever! Time seemed to fly by and due to a situation with Johnny's work he had to cut his vacation short by a week. The kids and I flew home on New Year's Day to meet back up with Johnny so we could spend time with him before he flies out on Monday (7th) :(

We were sad to go but happy to be home and back to our normal routine. The kids love their beds and so do I. Hopefully we will be able to go back sometime soon, but all in all, our home is our home sweet home...

3 comments:

Clements Family said...

That is the cutest suprise! I am sure your mom freaked out! I am glad you guys had a good time!

mom said...

Wow was I surprised to find my little sweet Gennovah on my front porch shivering in the cold of Chicago. I must admit, you pulled off a great surprise. You planned everything out and not a thing went wrong. I wish Johnny could of stayed longer. Miss and love you. Thank you for the special Christmas present of you.

natalie spratling said...

what a fabulous treat! way to surprise your family.