Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Prophet Remembered...



As I think about all of the great things in life, having a Prophet to lead us and guide our spiritual ways tops the list. President Hinckley struck a special chord with me. I was baptized into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in May of 2001. There have been a lot of hills to climb. During these times especially around my baptism I relied heavily on President Hinckley as an example. I love him. He has done so much for me in my life. I truly looked forward to hearing from him during each General Conference and I marvel at everything he said and how is directly related to me.

I was fortunate to be able to attend General Conference right after my baptism. I will never forget how I felt when I saw him for the first time. Tear flowed freely from my eyes. To stand in the presence of the Prophet! What joy I felt as many people might never be able to do that in this life. And the wonderous things he has done for us. Temples! He makes me want to visit them all, not a likely goal, but I could get close. I marvel at what an amazing man he was. He loved us so much because when he spoke it was with love.

As I cry in his passing I rejoice in knowing that families are eternal and he is once again with his beloved. At peace. At home. I will miss him so very much as he has impacted my life more than words can express, he will always be a part of my pioneer heritage which I hold so dear. He will always be remembered...

3 comments:

natalie spratling said...

What a sweet tribute. He was an amazing prophet. Today in sacrament we sang We Thank Thee Oh God For a Prophet. I am truly grateful for living prophets and to know that Pres. Monson will step right up into his place. How blessed we are to have Prophets on the earth today:)

John and Carol said...

I agree with Natalie, it is so awsone to have someone on earth that speaks to us for the Lord and helps us to stay on the straight and narrow. Have you had a chance to read the information that was give in the World Wide Training for parents? It is on the Church Web site. It was such a great training. Dad and I were able to attend when we were at Adam and Eve's for Braden's Baptism and Abby's Blessing. We have alway known the pattern, but Now we need to follow the pattern more than ever. Our Children need the pattern to get them through this life more than they ever have.
We love you all.

Unknown said...

While every woman dreams of her own Chanel to carry, few can afford the hefty price tag of these stunning bags. chanel black accoutrements are archetypal and simple; this is the acumen why replica Chanel handbags accoutrements can advance the acceptance with today's tastes.