Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankfulness...4

~Gennovah~

She is so sweet and kind. I love her so very much and feel so guilty that I come down on her too hard because she is the oldest. She has been really sick since last night with vomiting and tummy aches. It was a long night for the both of us, but all she wanted to do was tell me stories and have me scratch her back in the midst of her sickness. It was a great "mommy and me" time even though it wasn't an ideal situation.

I can't believe how grown up she is getting. We got her school pictures and I wanted to cry because she looks so much older this year than last! She is doing so well at school. Her teachers say that she is a popular friend in class. Many children want to play with her. There is one boy who always asks when he walks in, "Is Jen-ah-vee here yet?" Gennovah loves to play with him as well. (First thing she talks about when she climbs in the car.) Should I be worried yet?

She is also close to earning her alphabet crown. In class they work on letters and on the day they master both letter and sound, they are awarded their alphabet crown which is such a big deal. If you ask her where she gets to go once she gets her crown she will tell you right away, Chucky Cheese. I guess great rewards encourage motivation, or is that bribery?

She has so much fun doing tap dance, but the other day told me that she would "much rather do nastics." So come the new year gym"nastics" is it. Hopefully we can start training for the Olympics soon with all the energy Gennovah has.

I love my little princess so very much and couldn't imagine a day without her. I miss her terribly when she is at school even though I can get so much done around the house, ah, so bittersweet. I love that even through hard times of fits and sassing she can still make me smile.

Gennovah, you are mine forever. I love you, Mommy.

2 comments:

mom said...

April, How sweet, Gennovah is very llucky to have you for her Mom. And Honey, you are mine for ever :)
I Love you

natalie spratling said...

way to go Gennovah you almost have that crown in reach. Bribery is always a good thing:) Such a sweet tributs. love you guys.