Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankfulness...2

~My Mom~
Seriously, where would all of us be without these amazing people that are in most of our lives from day one. My heart goes out to anyone reading this that has lost their mother. I am very blessed to have mine with me today, but as my mother and a recent friend have lost theirs I can't begin to imagine what that would be like. I am sorry for your loss.
Living far away has been so very hard with us in Utah and my parents in Chicago, and though it might be straining, it has made me cherish the little things of our relationship.
I love:
  • when my mom calls or sends me a text (yes, she is great at it!) just telling me that she loves me.
  • that I can call her 4 or 5 times a day to ask her questions or try to and not remember the reason why I called.
  • to cry to her to have her comfort me.
  • when we laugh together.
  • her suprises, even though it sometimes drives me crazy.
  • how my children's eyes light up when we talk about her or if she calls to talk with them.
  • packages.
  • the feeling when I see her when we fly in for a visit.
  • her kisses.
  • her hugs.
  • her eagerness to have us move to Chicago.
  • that she is on Facebook!
  • her determination.
  • that she always believes in me.
I miss my mom so much, sometimes more than I can explain. And even though it seems like I call so often and for silly things, really it is just to be comforted in knowing that everything is going to be okay, especially when I am on my last string...
I love you, Mom!

2 comments:

natalie spratling said...

such a sweet tribute, she's lucky to have you as her daughter. Love you April.

mom said...

I am so lucky and ;honored I love you from the bottom of my toes to the top of my head. You are so deep within my heart.