Monday, August 17, 2009

For the Love...of Sugar???

I dread that glucose test they make you take when you are almost done with your pregnancy...Seriously, I am not going to have diabetes. Gennovah was great, Boston I had a super high level and had to come back and take the dread 3 hour test. And yet again...yummy orange drink here I come for the second time. I guess my doctor is concerned this baby will be huge because I had a high test with Boston and he weighed 8 pounds...

Update on development...This baby is so active I can hardly stand it. I have reached 158 pounds, only 10 to go until I hit my max with both pregnancies prior to this one...new threshold is 175. I will be happy if I stay under that. Since I have less than 10 weeks to go, I am hoping that it won't be that big of a problem. The baby is sitting really low that I had to invest in a support belt, which hopefully will arrive this week. I will let you know if it is a miraculous as those I have talked to about it claim it to be. The baby is sitting super low and on my "last nerve" according to Johnny atleast. Okay, I will admit that I have been a little more grumpy with this one, but wouldn't you be if you were on week 29 and still feeling a sick as you were when you were at week 10?!

So all in all, I needed to vent about going in to do the extra long glucose test...oh did I mention meeting with a nutritionist??? Guess you can't eat the same before you were pregnant if you are me. Seriously I think I eat less so I won't feel that sick...

As long as the baby is healthy, being sick for 40 weeks will be worth it!

2 comments:

natalie spratling said...

oh,April, I am so sorry I can relate. Out of the 38 weeks that i carried Parker and the 32 weeks I carried the girls I felt good for 5 of them. The other 32 and 27 for the girls I spent close to the porcelain thrown. I wish you the best, hope you start feeling better soon. Love you guys give everyone a hug for us.

John and Carol said...

Hi April, Sorry to hear you have been so sick, it's not a bit fun. I was very fortunate and it usually only lasted 3 months but then that was for nine times, only went through with 7 because of two miscarrages. And no stretch marks, Wahoo!!!!