Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Gennovah Starts School...


I thought I had a little more time than this! Well, Gennovah started preschool at a private school, Challenger. She was so excited her first day, I wonder if she even slept the night before. She was up at the crack of dawn, literally! And the first thing she asked me was, "Mommy, uh school a-day?" Which is Gennovah for, "Mommy, I go to school today?" She knew for sure that she was going to school.

She picked out a purple dress to wear and wanted her hair in a "twisty" and on her shlouders. Yes, I know...She does pick out her clothes and tell me how to do her hair and she isn't even three! We had pancakes for breakfast and all she could ask was when we were going to go to school.

She was so excited when we got in the car, smiling from ear to ear. At her school parents wait in an unloading line and the teachers actually get the kids from the car and walk them into the school so parents don't have to park and get out of their cars. It is actually quite nice. So we unbuckled and got her ready to go. Her teacher, Miss Stacey came and opened her door and she jumped out, grabbed Miss Stacey's hand and said without looking at me, "Bye Mommy, love you." Away she went into a world of her own.

What did I do? I cried the entire drive home. I couldn't believe how much of my mother I have in me. She cried the first two weeks of high school for me. I don't know what it is...maybe sadness that Gennovah is becoming independent...fear that she won't need me as much...pride that she has started school...excitement that she is going to be one smart cookie...genuine love for this precious little girl whom I cherish every minute of the day...and more feelings, I am sure I could go on.

She was very excited to see us when we came to pick her up. She was loaded in and we were off. The first thing she said to me was, "Mommy, I miss you." I just about melted into my seat. What an amazing little girl she is...

4 comments:

Joy said...

and you didnt take a picture of her on her first day of school?

Brett and Lisa said...

that is SO cute!

Unknown said...

These two children are so darn cute. Just wait, high school is right around the corner and you too shall cry for two weeks. Love you all, Mom

natalie spratling said...

happy birthday to you! Both Miss gennovah and sir boston. great page! OK PAGES can't wait to start blogging we love you WITH LOVE AUNT NAT