Friday, September 14, 2007

More of the fun we had in Chicago...

There are so many fun things that we did while we were in Chicago for two weeks, but one of the most fun days we had was when we celebrated Boston and Gennovah's birthday. We went down to Bob and Barb's and had a "Thomas the Tank Engine" pool party. I guess that having a cake with Thomas and matching plates is a theme, then hey...

Gennovah had so much fun swimming with the older girls and she seemed to have blossomed into a little girl during this part of our trip. It is hard to imagine that she has gone from a toddler really needing my help to an independent little girl. She is talking in complete sentences and impresses me with vocabulary words she knows and the things that she wants to "do myself." It is hard that I have to start letting go and accept the fact that she needs me, but is big enough to do a lot on her own.

Boston came out of his shell of cautiousness and jumped into the pool and was very adventurous around everyone there. We are so grateful to everyone that was able to make it to our party, it was fun to see everyone and I am sure you can all see by the pictures that the kids had a blast. I wish that we love and miss, but keeping it short was in the best interest of the kids and hey, it makes you look forward to our next visit which will hopefully be around Christmas

Speaking of water...Gennovah started swimming lessons while we were back at Adler Pool in Libertyville where I used to work. The pool sure has changed, but swim lessons remain the same. I knew that she would so well, but this made her into a fish. I am surprised that she didn't grow gills. Although lessons were only for four days and the weather was super cold and rainy, Gennovah was sad whenever lessons were over. She wanted to stay and learn more! I am excited for lessons next summer when Boston will be able to join in the fun!

Andrew had his Eagle ceremony. I am so grateful to have been able to be there for it as well as to be a part of the ceremony. It was so awesome that he achieved such an honorable position within scouting and not to mention a pretty sweet and delicious party followed :) Despite the 56 mosquito bites that I received that night, it was a lot of fun.

1 comment:

mom said...

I love this blog. Such a great way for Omie to keep up with your daily life. I love the pictures of the kids, they are so cute. Wish you were here, miss you all. Love Mom