Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankfulness...6

~A Clean House~

Every time Johnny comes home from his business trips I try to have the house completely clean. Key word...TRY. It seems that every time I have most of it cleaned I have to turn around and sweep up crumbs or vacuum something else that has spilled. My vacuum has a permanent home, not in the closet, but in the corner of the family room, much like a piece of furniture.

Last night I finished cleaning around 9:30 and with the kids in bed, I was able to sit in this clean house for over an hour. I just watched a movie and caught up with reading blogs. It was so nice I didn't want to go to sleep. The kids kept the house clean before they went to school which was so nice, but then once they were home, the toys came out and the crumbs were spilled. So when the house is cleaned for even just 2 minutes, absorb as much as possible because it is rare that it happens!

2 comments:

mom said...

Life is to short to have a perfectly clean house. The kids will grow up and be gone before you know it and you will wonder where the time went. Hopefully not cleaning the house!!! Look at me, almost an empty nester and I now have a clean house. Enjoy the mess and your babies now, the occasional dust bunny can wait.....

natalie spratling said...

I agree with you, if it is only for a minute that my carpet looks perfectly clean with the uniform vacuum marks it is good. Now that the kids are a wee bit older they do the job and oh is that sweet. Now we have more time to play:)